Frequently Asked Questions

Some of the most common questions can be found below - just click on the question you are interested in to view the answer.

If you can not find an answer to your question in this list then please contact us using the relevant contact number in the column on the right. Residential Land are a responsible landlord, and we aim to respond to all enquiries within the first 24 hours.

General Management Questions

Q. What should I do if I smell gas?
A. You should call Transco straight away on 0800 111 999. Transco have a pledge to get an emergency engineer to your property within two hours to test the supply. While waiting for the engineer to attend you should not smoke or use any other naked flame, also try to avoid switching on any light switches. Preferably keep windows open. Please also contact your building manager or head office management team to keep them updated on the situation.
Q. What should I do if the power goes out inside my property?
Q. What do I do if I have a car but no allocated parking space?
Q. If there is a leak in my property and damage is caused to my personal belongings who is responsible?
Q. What should I do if I notice that a repair is required within the communal areas of the building where I live?
Q. What should I do if I receive post in the name of someone not living in the flat?
Q. What should I do if I receive post addressed to 'The Occupier'?
Q. What should I do if I receive post addressed to the Landlord?
Q. What should I do if one of my neighbours is making a lot of noise and it is after 11.00pm or before 8.00am?
Q. What do I do if there is a leak coming through my ceiling?
Q. Who should I call outside office hours if I have a problem?
Q. What should I do if I am unhappy about any aspect of the tenancy or management of my property?
Q. What should I do if I lose my keys or parking fobs?

Tenancy Questions

Q. I have been told that by law my deposit should be protected, is this the case?
A. From the 6th April 2007 all landlords holding deposits for assured shorthold tenancy agreements had to, by law; register the deposits with a Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Residential Land is registered with Tenancy Deposit Solutions Limited (TDSL) which is an insurance based deposit scheme offering full cover to all deposits taken. Please feel free to visit to see full details of the scheme, there is a tenants section which should answer any questions that you may have.
Q. What should I do if I want to move out?
Q. Should my property have an Energy Performance Certificate?
Q. How long will my deposit take to come back to me after I leave the property?
Q. I would like to continue living at the property after my tenancy ends, is this possible?
  • The National Landlords Association logo
  • The Housing Ombudsman Service logo
  • the Association of Residential Letting logo
  • The London Rental Standard
  • The British Property Federation logo
  • Association of Residential Managing Agents logo
  • My Deposits logo